Dear NPH Family
In honor of the 10th anniversary of Fr. Wasson’s passing, Dr. Michael Maccoby, close friend of Fr. William Wasson and the NPH International Leadership Advisor, explains the philosophy that has made Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos successful for over 62 years. For subtitles in Spanish, click on CC icon.
One Priest. Nine countries and 3425 children (2015).That's a lot of children to care for and we need YOUR help
Our mission is to provide homes in which the children receive food, clothing, health care and education in a family environment based on the principles of unconditional acceptance and love, sharing, work and responsibility.
Changing the world One child at a Time
We help through fundraising, sponsorship and volunteer efforts in conjunction with Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (NPH) Friends of the Orphans Canada has helped to support projects at the NPH homes in Latin America and the Caribbean. We facilitate sponsorships which provide direct financial assistance to the orphanage and enhance the childrens' lives with a loving connection outside the orphanage.
We also organize volunteer work projects, whereby Canadian volunteers have the opportunity to travel to one the growing orphanages for 1-2 weeks, living within the orphanage and assisting with a variety of available projects. Ever consider donating as a Christmas gift? You can send a loved one on a project to one of our homes, sponsor a child for one year, or make a straight donation toward one of our many projects within each home. Call our office today for that special gift! Click HERE to view our 2017 Spring NewsletterClick Here for our 2016 Financial Report
YOU CAN HELP WHEN YOU
Join a Volunteer Work Project• 1 or 2 weeks in duration
• groups of 10 - 30 people per project
• usually occur in winter months of January, February and March, some in October
• engage in small”c” construction work, painting, maintenance, odd jobs in plumbing, welding, carpentry, wiring, cleaning, farming, repairing, landscaping, tutoring
• participate in the customs, food and culture of an NPH way of life and a developing country with the staff and children of our homes
• visit local attractions to learn more about the history and culture of the country
• highly recommended for people of ALL ages and abilities
• join a group or create your own - families, students, employers(es), retirees, company team- building
Sponsor a Child• choose one or more children from the nine countries to support financially
• 100% of your funds go directly to the sponsorship program
• send and receive personal correspondence from your sponsored children
• have the opportunity to meet your child in his/her country of residence
Support through Personal Donations• monetarily (in memoriam, Christmas and holiday donations, wedding or anniversary)
• donations of goods (click here for complete list of acceptable donations)
Support through a Business or Company• corporate sponsorships available in exchange for advertising
Become a Long Term Volunteer• live in one of our homes for one year acting in a position of assistance to that home
• meet the children, staff and locals as well as other long-term volunteers from countries around the world.