Making a Difference
One Life at a Time.
Project Dates - suspended for 2021 - February/March
Past Canadian Projects
- FOTOCAN volunteers have participated in yearly projects at NPH Guatemala, Santa Ana,
- since 2003, Wellington Catholic school board in Guelph were volunteering every second year
- in addition to the school, dormitories, and kitchen/dining hall, our volunteers have funded and assisted with the construction of: an eight thousand square foot medical clinic, administrative offices, international volunteer houses, pig barn, laundry facility, playground, road construction, Montessori School (2013), and most recently, short-term visitors house (2014).
- volunteers also contribute to smaller projects such as; maintenance, field work, food preparation for the children, landscaping, assisting in the school, and working with the special needs children in the Castillo Magico.
The Home in Guatemala - Casa San Andres
- began in 1996 with the temporary housing of children in Sacatepequez.
- the school opened in 1997, and the children were moved to Chimaltenango.
- construction of an all-inclusive home began in early 2002 with the children moving to Casa San Andres in San Andres Itzapa in 2003.
- construction of the babies’ house was completed in 2006, vocational workshops were done in 2007, and the medical clinic completed in 2008.
- in 2009, a community scholarship program was started and it has become very successful, with 150 external students now being educated at NPH Guatemala.
Canadian Country Co-ordinator